Image via Redbook
Although the holidays are over, this was one drink that I was determined to make. It didn't quite happen with all the hustle and bustle, but I think the name is pretty darn catchy and it looks delicious.
Maybe I'll make some this weekend when a few family members come over to just hang out on the couch and do nothing. I'm usually pretty good at getting people intoxicated while they are just sitting on their behinds. ;o)
If you try it, tell me what you think!
1.5 cups berry vodka
3/4 cups Grand Marnier
6 pints of fresh berries (raspberries, blackberries, and strawberries)
1 cup lemon juice (freshly squeezed—about 8 lemons)
1.5 cups simple syrup
1 bottle sparkling wine (Something Extra Dry)
1. Combine all the ingredients (except the berries and sparkling wine) in a large glass or plastic container (or pitcher). Stir well.
2. Wash the berries.
3. When ready to serve, first fill the punch bowl with ice. Pour a small amount of the mixture in a cocktail shaker.
4. Add about five to seven berries.
5. Top with ice and shake HARD. (Make sure you shake hard enough so that the berries break apart in the cocktail shaker.)
6. Strain into the punch bowl.
7. Keep repeating steps until the mixture is all shaken and in the punch bowl.
8. Top the punch with about 3/4 of the bottle of sparkling wine and stir well.
9. Top the punch with additional berries and serve.